Someone has rightly said that the success and failure of any business lie in hands of employees. Human Resource Management or HRM is an indispensable part of businesses. This department plays a vital role in furnishing the correct information about the employees of an organization and managing people-related functions such as attendance, and payroll to name a few. Getting accurate information at one click of a mouse makes overall decision-making a smooth process for the top management. Managing scores of tasks under HRM manually is a time-consuming task. Hence, leather manufacturing SMEs where employees run by hundreds prefer using ERP software well-integrated with HR modules.
Some of the main HRM modules find in scalable and highly responsive ERP software are:
1. Creation of Masters: Usually, each organization has different departments, levels, grades, and designations of the department. So, the first and foremost task is to create masters in the ERP as per the organizational requirements and feed information accordingly.
2. Employees Professional Database: This module stores important information about employees of an organization. Their professional records such as department, designation, grades, titles, location, etc., are decided under the module. All these heads are easy to create on the user-end and even easy to change as and when required. With the ERP, location-wise employee management is possible with ease.
3. Employee Profiling: When the recruitment of any employee takes place, the companies maintain his or her personal information along with necessary documents in its database. This includes his date of birth, photo, date of birth, and address supported by valid proof. All these pieces of information are collated in one place and even documents supporting the facts are attached herewith. This helps the management to obtain the necessary personal information of employees at a click of a mouse.
4. Auto-generation of Attendance: Some companies support manual attendance updated in the ERP the next day whereas some feature punch-in systems where the information is updated on a real-time basis in the ERP. Through this module, the concerned HR personnel will easily maintain an updated attendance record of each employee in various branch offices. Updating attendance in the ERP on the next day offers one benefit of giving a clear idea whether an employee has attended the office for a half or full-day. Organizations, as per their policies, can integrate the ERP with both kinds of attendance punching systems.
5. Leave Management: This module is linked with the attendance module and provides comprehensive information about the number of leaves in a month or in a year taken by an employee. This leave management module helps in automating the entire leave process ranging from allocating leaves as per leave category (medical, casual, restricted leave), applying, approving and monitoring them. Not only employee and even the Head of each department has access to the module so that he gets an idea about the absence trends of employees working in his department month-wise. This helps in streamlining both requests and approval processes.
6. Transfer Process Management: Internal transfer of employees is a process commonly found in manufacturing units or SMEs. An employee, which is working presently in one branch, says Noida might have worked in the Kanpur branch the last year. So, the information related to internal transfer needs to be updated in the company’s record. The companies aim at automating the transfer process; therefore maintain an updated status of an employee’s current location along with previous records such as his workplace, tenure, designation, etc. This helps in obtaining information about the current employee strength of each branch.
7. Detailed Reporting: Once all necessary information is present in the ERP software, it becomes child’s play to obtain any piece of information in no time and fetch necessary reports. Information such as location-wise number of employees, employees entitled to TA benefits, yearly return of employees, list of transferred employees, salary list with allowances and deductions, etc., are easy to obtain on a real-time basis.
It is not wrong to say that the HRM module of the ERP helps in maintaining all people–related information at a single point. Moreover, when the information is managed technologically, the chances of error remain lesser. This even helps in reducing the overall expenses of the company as the ERP software easily and efficiently handles the task of scores of employees.
So, if you are looking for highly responsive ERP software with a feature-rich HR module, Webcity Technologies LLP can meet your requirements. The leading company offers cost-effective and bespoke ERP solutions with an excellent support system. Get in touch with the company’s representative to know more about the HR module.